Here they are! Here are as many excuses as we could think of for you to hold off on sending the “no kids allowed” on your wedding invitations.
- Provide interactive toys and table games! Give the kids some building blocks or Legos with a cute message like, “Build us the foundation to a great marriage!”
- Give them a wedding specific activity they will remember. This can include a wedding word crossword puzzles, homemade Mad Libs or even friendship bracelets labeled, “While we tie the knot, you tie these!” **
- Plan a kid-friendly drink for the toast! Cookies and milk or sparkling grape juice are both guaranteed kid-pleasers.
- Utilize the outdoor spaces. Games like Ring Toss and Cornhole are party favorites for both adults and kids. Try a tent-making station too! Provide sheets, blankets, chairs and clothes-pins and see what the kids can come up with.
- Have a video game booth! Guitar hero and sing-it are great group games that get lots of people involved, and we’re sure your guests will have some contributions too.
- Create a game of “I Spy” with disposable cameras! Give the kids subjects to shoot and cross off their lists, starting with a picture of the bride and ending with a photo of their favorite wedding food.
- Be cute! Decorate the kids table with age appropriate décor that still goes with your wedding colors. Butcher paper can make a safe table covering, and goes well with rustic decorations, (plus they can color all over it!) Try something like a bouquet of lollipops or candy for alternative centerpieces.
- Invest in a babysitter or two for the night. Your friends and family will be grateful they can celebrate without having to keep an eye on the kids.
**Pro tip: Make sure to assess the ages of the kids attending! You want to have relevant activities according to maturity level.
Allowing kids to attend your wedding doesn’t need to be a stress! With all these activities the kids will have a blast and your guests can focus on the main event, celebrating you!
For more tips and ideas on wedding planning visit our Pinterest page.