What exactly does a maid of honor do? Sure, there’s the usual stuff like holding the bouquet and planning the bachelorette party, but if you’ve been a MOH you know there’s so much more to it. There are a lot of roles for you to to fill for the bride, and it’s a big day for you too! That’s why we’ve put together this list of seven roles you should be ready to play on your best friend’s wedding day.
- You’re a… pack leader. One of your most important jobs is keeping everyone in line and rooting for the bride. Especially when things become stressful, you never want the bridal party to add drama to the list.
- You’re a… personal butler. There is no written job description for a maid of honor. That means you might be running to the store for extra band-aids or refilling water glasses. Anything your girl needs, you’ve got it!
- You’re a… personal stylist. All those years of homecoming dance primping have been preparing you for this! The bride’s hair, makeup, dress, bouquet, train, veil and everything in between should be looking great from the beginning of the day until the end.
- You’re a… wedding planner. Whether or not the bride needed your help with planning before the wedding day, there are sure to be items that come up during the event. You’ve got to be the go-to girl.
- You’re a… signee. Signing the marriage certificate is another one of your responsibilities, (as a witness of course!).
- You’re a… Dietitian. As much as the bride worried about the food before the wedding day, she’s probably not making it her biggest priority on the day of. As her right-hand gal, make sure she’s eating enough in-between entertaining her guests.
- You’re a… party girl! At the end of the day, you’re there to have a great time and celebrate the bride and groom. Don’t forget to enjoy yourself and party your heart out.
For more wedding tips, food menus or planning inspiration visit our Pinterest page!